New Rochelle, NY
New Rochelle, NY
A cutting-edge education in the Health Sciences
Iona University prepares its students for success in all facets of their lives. Founded in 1940 by the Christian Brothers, the private, comprehensive, four-year Catholic university now enrolls approximately 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students from diverse backgrounds and 43 countries. If you’re looking for a welcoming community with challenging academics and a commitment to serving others, Iona could be the right fit for you.
Located on 45 scenic acres in New Rochelle, New York, just 20 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Iona provides an educational experience grounded in the liberal arts and enhanced by a strong focus on career-ready skills. As an Iona student, you will develop the knowledge, problem-solving ability, and real-world connections—mentored by our faculty and alumni—to gain a competitive edge in your career.
Centrally located in Westchester County between the economic centers of New York City and Fairfield County, Connecticut, Iona grants students easy access to internship opportunities in all career fields, and the majority of students complete at least one. Many also participate in Mission & Ministry’s local service projects or week-long trips. Ninety-three percent of Iona graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
School of Health Sciences
Principally located on Iona University’s campus in Bronxville, NY, the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences offers a new vision for collaborative health care education with interprofessional experiences, modern workforce development, and community care. Home to the Kelly Center for Health Sciences, this partnership with NewYork-Presbyterian solidifies Iona’s commitment to developing the next generation of healthcare professionals.
NewYork-Presbyterian has supported the creation of the NewYork-Presbyterian Iona School of Health Sciences with a gift of $20 million. It is ranked one of the best hospitals in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Hospitals rankings. NewYork-Presbyterian is consistently recognized as a leader in medical education, groundbreaking research, and innovative, patient-centered clinical care in collaboration with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons.
• Our nursing curriculum is developed with feedback from NewYork-Presbyterian, a leader in medical education, groundbreaking research, and innovative, patient-centered clinical care.
• Highly respected health professionals from NewYork-Presbyterian work alongside students as adjunct professors and/or guest lecturers in classes, providing opportunities to learn from top professionals in the field.
• Students have full access to clinical placements and career opportunities with NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the best hospitals in the nation.
• Direct-entry admission* is available for the Nursing (BS) and Communication Sciences & Disorders (MA) programs.
Offering degrees in:
• Nursing (BS)
• Social Work (BS)
• Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology (BA)
• Occupational Therapy (MS)
• Communication Sciences & Disorders (MA)
• Marriage & Family Therapy (MS)
• Mental Health Counseling (MA)
* Pending fulfillment of program specific requirements.